Comfortable sock-like coverings that provide comfort and help protect against friction and shear forces. Made from a latex-free flexible stretch weave material with a cushioned foam pad sewn to the inside. Expandable sleeve is easily removable and helps keep extremities warm without restricting blood circulation. Contoured soft-open cell foam pad is conveniently located on the bony prominences of the heel and elbow, allowing ventilation for the skin to breath. Highly cushioned non-cotton yarn helps minimize friction and shearing. Available in four sizes. Machine washable. One pair per package. Comfortable sock-like covering helps provide comfort and helps protect against limb friction and shear forces.
- Latex-free flexible stretch yarn helps minimize friction and shearing on the skin.
- Non-compression, expandable knit weave helps promote air circulation.
- Sewn-in contoured soft-open cell foam pad located at the bony prominences of the heel and elbow.
- Machine washable.
- Fitting Guidelines - Knitted Heel/Elbow Protectors are intended to fit as a comfort product. Actual fit will depend on individual anthropometric measurements and patient comfort level. These protectors will stretch up to 30%.
|Small ::||Up to 14½ "|
|Medium ::||Up to 17"|
|Large ::||Up to 19½"|
|X-Large ::||Up to 22 "|
|*Measurements are for limb circumference|
- Make sure the skin area to be covered by the Heel and Elbow Protector is free of any open wound or pressure ulcer.
- Select the appropriate size for the patients heel or elbow.
- Slip the Heel and Elbow Protector over the foot or arm and position the internal contoured pad over the area to be cushioned.
- The Heel and Elbow Protector should fit snugly on the limb. If it appearsto be too tight or loose, choose the next most appropriate size to ensure patient comfort.